My New Fitness Routine: TSC Bombshell Body Guide Preview
Oh exercise, what a funny relationship we have. I love you, yet I loathe you. I need you, yet I avoid you. When we spend time together I thrive, when we have a falling out I turn my back on you. Can't we just keep a healthy steady relationship?
This sound familiar to anyone else? ha ha
I have always considered myself an active person, I grew up playing soccer competitively and loved to run. I continued being in shape throughout my undergrad, but it wasn't until medical school that my exercise routine fell apart. I let my lack of time become an excuse. Yes, hiking is a big part of my life, but I still feel like I am just not quite as in shape as I should be right now.
See, I am the type of person who needs to build exercises into my life consistently. Otherwise it really does become less of a priority, and I straight up ignore it. I need something to keep me motivated, something to guide me, yet not intimidate me. I am not much of a routine person, but I really do need it when it comes to exercise.
This summer I had a super cool opportunity to test out and review a exercise and nutrition plan!! The Bombshell Body Guide was created by Lauryn Evarts of The Skinny Confidential.
For those who don't know, The Skinny Confidential is a well known lifestyle, health and fitness blog. I have been following Lauryn's blog for some time now, so I was super stoked when this opportunity came up.
As things would have it, I have been CRAZY busy this summer, and so I am finally getting around to starting the program!! I have done up a little intro for you guys on my initial impressions with the program and what to expect. I will be doing 3 blog posts total for you guys throughout the 28 week program, so you can read my thoughts on it beginning, middle and end!
TSC Bombshell Body Guide Preview
- Each workout is 27 minutes, 3 days a week (talk about manageable!!)
- The only equipment needed is a set of 5 lb weights and a bench or some kind of chair
- The plan is 28 weeks total (but can be purchased individually as a 14 week plan)
- The cost is $89.99 for both plans (28 weeks total) plus the nutrition guide (or $59.99 for the individual plans)
- Click here to check it out now!
- Regardless of whether you purchase the 14 or 28 week program, you will also receive the nutrition plan!
- The nutrition plan is NOT a diet. The nutrition plan is stock full of healthy yummy recipes to help fuel your bod. Balance is key in my opinion, NOT deprivation. Lauryn gets this ;)
- Click here to check it out now!
My first thoughts:
- I LOVE how the workouts are only 27 minutes, 3 x a week. As a super busy student this can easily fit into my schedule with no excuses.
- It doesn't require any special gym memberships or yoga studios. All the moves can be done in the comfort of your own living room. This also makes it great for those who travel a lot, as the workouts are easy to do in any small space.
- 5lb weights are really the only equipment you need to purchase. I found mine for $15 at Sport Chek!
- I can tell Lauryn has put in SO much effort into this plan. It is organized in a very aesthetically pleasing and simple way. I would say it is an incredible deal for $89.99 when you think of the cost of gym memberships.
- She explains each move and how to do it properly. This is so important in my opinion to get the most out of your workout!
- I love that it is designed to tone you up and not bulk you up. This is ideal for us ladies that want to get fit, but not muscle-man fit.
- There is a members portal that allows you to ask each other questions and swap recipes! Community support is so key to success.
- Once you purchase the plan, you can instantly download it to your computer, ipad, or phone. I personally chose to print mine out and bind them, but you can easily just use it off your computer.
Overall, I am stoked to start the BBG! This is the fitness plan I have been waiting for. I will keep you guys updated with my progress :)
In the meantime check out The Bombshell Body Guide here!